The 2021 C2HR Content Developers Compensation Survey provides competitive compensation data for positions in companies that develop content for television and digital entertainment, as well as positions specific to television and radio broadcasting.
High level trends from the 2021 results include:
- All organization levels experienced some year-over-year growth in compensation. Operating individual contributor / support positions experienced the greatest growth while executives experienced the least growth.
- Annual bonuses paid for executive and middle management levels were below target, representing a material decrease from each of the past two years.
- News Producing positions are, on average, paid a premium over other types of producers.
- For both advertising sales individual contributors and sales management, although target total cash compensation increased materially from 2020, actual total cash compensation decreased.
- Permanent remote work is not prevalent.
Forty-one companies — representing 170 networks and approximately 74,000 employees — are using the 2021 Croner C2HR Survey data. These companies will use the data to create rational pay plans and to stay well informed about market rates for new hires, promotions, bonuses and talent retention.
For more information, please contact Laurie Krashanoff, Manager, Account Relations, at +(415) 485-5521 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow this link to find out more about The Croner Company’s compensation surveys.
Content & Connectivity Human Resources (C2HR) members benefit from exceptional educational, networking and industry resources. Companies who are not members of Content & Connectivity Human Resources are encouraged to join. To learn more, please visit the Content & Connectivity Human Resources website at c2hr.org.