Grantmaking Foundations Salary Trends
The Croner Compensation Survey of Foundations provides comprehensive data on compensation specific to private, independent grantmaking foundations and community foundations in the U.S.
Noteworthy salary trends in compensation for the grantmaking foundations, from our just published 2020 Croner Compensation Survey of Foundations, include:
- Compensation for both foundation executives and foundation staff levels grew materially across all compensation elements from 2019 to 2020 at grantmaking foundations.
- Larger grantmaking foundations, those with asset size greater than $400 million, experienced greater growth in base salary than foundations with assets below $400 million.
- Base Salaries for positions in Program / Project Management, Convening / Event Planning and Legal grew materially from 2019 to 2020.
In addition to providing salary data for foundations and benchmark compensation data for 137 foundations, the report includes details of:
- projected 2021 salary adjustment budgets;
- formal salary structure adjustments;
- compensation for Boards of Directors;
- cost of benefits as a percent of base salaries; and
- specifics and breadth of all benefits offered.
For more information or to register to participate in the Croner Compensation Survey of Foundations, please contact Laurie Krashanoff, Manager, Account Relations, at +(415) 485-5521 or firstname.lastname@example.org.