The annual Croner Entertainment Survey provides comprehensive compensation data for entertainment jobs, including film, television, music, digital and other entertainment such as live events and theme parks. It includes data for positions at all organizational levels, from executive to hourly, across a broad range of job families.
In the recently published results of the 2023 Croner Entertainment Survey, we observed these noteworthy insights about compensation data for entertainment jobs:
- All organization level categories experienced steady growth in compensation from 2022 to 2023. For executives, short-term incentives were, on average, below 2022 levels, resulting in limited growth in actual total cash compensation and total direct compensation.
- Management levels across the film, television and music segments experienced steady compensation growth in base salaries from 2022 to 2023. Actual total cash compensation and actual total direct compensation growth was mixed. Television executives and middle management experienced the highest compensation growth driven by base salaries and short-term incentives.
- Annual short-term incentives paid as a percent of target for executive and middle management levels decreased materially from 2022, and, except for President levels, were more consistent with 2021 levels.
- Positions in Creative Development, Digital Operations (Distribution), Digital Asset Management and Payroll experienced material base salary growth from 2022 to 2023.
Considered the gold standard of survey data, the Croner report provides in-depth data on what you need to know to compete for skills specific to entertainment. It reports on the total compensation proposition, which includes:
- Pay by percentile for base salary, total cash compensation and total direct compensation
- Cuts for permanently remote employees
- Plan design for bonus and equity plans
For more information about obtaining compensation data for entertainment jobs, click here.
For more information, please contact Laurie Krashanoff, Manager, Account Relations, at +(415) 485-5521 or email@example.com.
Follow this link to find out more about The Croner Company’s compensation surveys.